- Why academy programs? What is going on in CTE right now that is exciting?
- What need are these programs meeting?
- Where is there an opportunity for other core classes to get involved?
- How has technology made CTE programs exciting for students
- What can academy program do for a school culture?
- Field trips and guest speakers are key to driving interest- how do you get others involved?
- What are some questions that need answering before a teacher or administrator takes a proposal to a district office
- What program outcomes should be looked at?
- What student outcomes are important to consider?
- How can a academy program impact a school improvement plan?
- Putting a budget together- get administration involved, separate academy program account.
- Where can you get the money for everything you will need? i.e.: technology, equipment, books, software, etc.
- Do people want to donate to schools and what do teachers need to know about fundraising?
- Do you see help outside of your school and district?
- Marketing your program is key, what are some best ways to get students interested?
Ian Adair have 16 years of management and fundraising experience in nonprofit and education. As a professional fundraiser Ian has raised more than $30 Million Dollars, given over 300 professional presentations, managed more than 200 employees, and authored curriculum for numerous education programs. Ian travels around the country speaking to teachers and administrators about taking funding matters into their own hands and seeking out the community partnerships to help implement innovative programs and provide students with needed technology.