Jeff sits down with the Big Nerd Ranch to talk about their app eClicker.
Developed for smartphones and laptops, eClicker leverages the hardware already in the hands of many students providing a lowcost polling solution for the classroom. All you need to get started is the eClicker Host app running on an iOS device, a Wi-Fi network, and students with internet-enabled devices to participate.
- Wi-Fi based classroom response system for up to 64 clients*
- Students can participate with any internet-enabled device
- Edit questions on your computer or iOS device
- Add images to questions or draw your own
- Share question sets with other teachers via Bluetooth**
- Poll questions one-at-a-time or back-to-back
- Review historical polling data and email reports
* 32 clients on the iPhone or iPod touch
** feature not supported on the first generation iPhone and iPod touch
The eClicker system is made up of of two parts: the host and the client(s). Teachers use the host app to enter questions and begin the polling. Students participate in polls by entering the host’s address in a web browser using any internet-enabled device. Additionally, there is a free client app available for iOS devices that speeds up the process of connecting to a host over the Wi-Fi network.
A more detailed product overview can be found in the eClicker Overview.